Have you developed an outstanding product or innovative item of apparel? Then do not hesitate — apply to the FIT Awards now! We invite all sports companies, manufacturers, designers, and students to submit their projects, in order to have a chance to benefit from the comprehensive package available for our award winners.
The FIT Sport Design Awards accepts applications for gear and clothing designed in the last five years, either as a concept, prototype, or projects already launched.
Register online and complete your profile information
⇒ Click on the “submit” tab and register to become a member of the FIT Design Awards. By joining, you become a part of a community of fellow designers and will receive regular news from and about the program. Complete your profile and you will be directed to the submissions page.
Complete the online application
⇒ Complete the submission application on your FIT Awards account, applications are possible during the registration phase, no need to wait!
⇒ Select the gear or apparel for your application. It is important to note that each design is evaluated separately; the jury members are not evaluating a “body of work” or a “collection” of design. Please prepare one application for each product submission.
Choose the classification: Apparels or Gears/Equipment
⇒ The FIT Design Awards accepts applications for gear and apparel, you will need to choose your design classification before proceeding with the categories.
Choose the categories
⇒ You may enter the same design into as many categories as you see fit. In fact, doing so may increase your chances of winning. However, there is an additional fee for each additional category you enter.
Product names and credits
⇒ You will be able to add your product name, information in regards to the designers, manufacturer, brand (if any), distributors, and other credits.
⇒ In addition to the product images, a description of the product, in English, is vital for the evaluation process. The description should be between 800 and 1,200 characters including spaces and should briefly and succinctly summarise the product’s function, benefits, and innovation.
Upload your images, PDF document
⇒ You can upload up to 10 images, one PDF document (a specification sheet – this is additional information for the jury only: it won’t be published), and a video link. Choose the options that best represent your apparel or gear, with both an overview and detailed focus pictures.
Add a video link
⇒ As the products will only be judged on the basis of the submitted application documents, a video that briefly and concisely presents the innovations of the product/service increases your chances.
Review your application
⇒ Please review your submission carefully, checking for any errors or missing information, before finalizing the payment.
Pay and receive your invoice
⇒ Submission fees are the last step in processing your application. Check out the fees here, kindly create your entry and make sure it is finalized before submitting your payment.
The FIT Sport Design Awards competition is open to anyone aged 18+ residing anywhere in the world. Professional entries (Companies, brands, Independent Designers) will be judged against other professionals and student entries against other students.
- The apparel and/or gear design must have been completed within the last 5 years, we accept drawings/3D concepts, prototypes, or already launched products.
- Provide a brief description of the design, emphasizing the product’s function, benefit, and innovation.
- Provide a Designer/Student and/or Company Profile/University.
- Give names of those who should be credited for the product design: company, designer, photo credit, drawing, manufacturer, distributor, collaborator, mentor, professor etc.
- Up to 10 images of your product design, including an optional company logo.
- Product Specification PDF (Spec sheet can also be included for implementation or manufacturing details used in the design) – this will not be published, only used by the jury.
- A video link presenting the apparel and/or product design, usage, innovation, etc.
SUBMISSION TIPS TO THE FIT DESIGN AWARDS
We have created a list of the best tips to help you through the submission process, demonstrating in this step-by-step guide how to ensure your design entry is strong and will make a positive impact on the jury.
- Complete your user/company profile. Our system provides an auto-generated invoice for your submission fees, so please add your company address, e-mail, VAT number, etc. Also, don’t forget to share your company/ your professional information, and any previous awards and accolades you have won!
- As we have an international jury panel, the project description, specifications sheet, credits, and other information need to be written in English.
- The product and innovation descriptions are some of the most essential parts of your submission. Ensure they are engaging and interesting, keeping them as short as you can, while still providing as much information as possible. As examples, share the original idea for the design — the creative trigger — how your product increases performance, and/or detail innovation in terms of design and production.
- You can upload up to ten images with each entry. It is best to have a mix of images — some of which give an overall view of the product/apparel design, and others that are more close-up to show design details and/or materials. Please keep in mind that if your submission wins an award, the cover image (the first image you upload) will be the one displayed on the website winners’ gallery and also in the annual FIT Awards Digital Book. For these reasons, it is wise to choose an image that best represents your product overall.
- Don’t forget that you can also upload a PDF file with any additional project details, 3D drawings, concepts, product specifications, sourcing information, or any other information you may feel is important to share with the jury.
- Please credit all the designers who took part in the project. You can also add photographer and model credits as appropriate.
- Each submission category has many sub-categories for you to choose from — and many entries would fit into multiple sub-categories. To increase your chances of winning, we recommend that you enter your work in more than one sub-category. A 50% discount is offered when entering your design in additional sub-categories.